Library and Archives Canada, Acc. No. 1972-26-650
C.W. Jefferys' notes about this picture from The Picture Gallery of Canadian History Volume 2
Fort Wellington is situated on the eastern outskirts of Prescott, Ont., on the St. Lawrence. It is an excellent specimen of the earthwork and palisaded fortifications of the period, and remains as it was when completed in 1837. A small museum in one of its buildings contains some interesting military relics.
- Jefferys, Charles W. (1945) The Picture Gallery of Canadian History Volume 2, p.175