Meeting of Brock and Tecumseh, 1812
Signed l.l.: C.W. JEFFERYS
Inscribed on bottom "Meeting of Brock and Tecumseh at Amherstburg, 1812
- 1979 - Historical Painting. Curators: Fern Bayer, Ministry of Government Service, Ontario Government, Toronto, Ontario; 1979.04.01 - 1979.06.30.
Raymond, Ethel T. Tecumseh: a chronicle of the last great leader of his people. Toronto, Glasgow, Brook and Co., 1915. 159 p. Illus. Frontispiece - “The meeting of Brock and Tecumseh”
Wetherell, J.E. Three centuries of Canadian story from John Cabot to John Franklin. Toronto, Musson, 1928. 338 p. Illus. p. 303 - “Meeting of Brock and Tecumseh”
- Middleton, J.E. The romance of Ontario. Toronto, W.J. Gage and Co., 1947. 267 p. Illus. p. 73 - “The meeting of Brock and Tecumseh”
“Timely pictures by noted artist and Niagara Centennial recall Canada’s growth to nationhood.” In Toronto Daily Star, June 30, 1945, p. 28. Illus. “Meeting between Gen. Brock and Tecumseh…”
- Jefferys, Charles W. 1950 The Picture Gallery of Canadian History Vol. 2
- The Formative Years Canada 1812 - 1871, Illustrations by C. W. Jefferys (Toronto: Ryerson Press, 1968), edited by James Knight
Berton, Pierre. “Gen. Brock’s task: to achieve a miracle.” In Toronto Star, Nov. 3, 1980, p. A18. Illus. “Isaac Brock meets Chief Tecumseh, as envisioned by the late C.W. Jefferys”
Sketch, Marian Ogden. Ten moments in Canadian history (1759-1900). Victoria, Campbell’s Publishing, 1980. 112 p. Illus. p. 27 - “Brock and Tecumseh meet, 1812”
Walker, Paul. C.W. Jefferys and images of Canadian identity in school textbooks. Kingston, Ont., Queen’s University, 1990. Masters of Art
thesis. 130 p. Illus. p. 86 - “Figure 14. Brock and Tecumseh”
Fardy, B.D. Before Beaumont Hamel: the Royal Newfoundland Regiment, 1775-1815. St. John’s, Nfld., Creative Publishers, 1995. 203 p. Illus. p. 172 - “Tecumseh meets General Brock: The night before Brock’s attack Fort Detroit, the Shawnee chief sat by late into the night as the General and his officers debated whether or not to attack. When Brock finally ended the debate at 4:00 a.m. by declaring that he would attack,
Techumsehpointed to the General and said to his fellow chiefs, ‘Ho! This is a man.’”
- Kowbuz, Christine. “The war of 1812: the road to war.” In SpacingToronto, June 9, 2012.
- http://spacingtoronto.ca/2012/06/09/war-of-1812-the-road-to-war/ accessed Aug. 14, 2012. The Meeting of Brock and Tecumseh, c. 1921, Archives of Ontario, Acc. 621231
Hughes, Shannon (2017). Fort
MaimisInterpretive Panels for Metroparks Toledo.