Houses Of The War Of 1812 And Map Of The Niagara Frontier
Library and Archives Canada, Acc. No. 1972-26-1418
C.W. Jefferys' notes about this picture from The Picture Gallery of Canadian History Volume 2
The Gage house, on the battlefield of Stoney Creek, is still standing, though its western portion, used as a store, was torn down about 1896. It is furnished and kept in excellent repair by its owners, the Wentworth Women's Historical Society, and contains many pieces of old furniture, pictures and other relics.
The De Cou house, Fitz Gibbon's headquarters, and the objective of Laura Secord's journey in 1813, is now owned by the Ontario Hydro-Electric Commission, which has carefully preserved it and its surroundings. The interior was damaged by fire shortly before its acquisition, but its walls are intact, and the building will be restored and made a historic shrine.
- Jefferys, Charles W. (1945) The Picture Gallery of Canadian History Volume 2, p.164